Sender ID and Opt-Out Compliance Templates
- Avochato will now wait up to one week since the last inbound or outbound activity before a contact is eligible to receive the Sender ID and Opt-Out instructions. This update to our compliance policy is intended to honor the conversational nature of inbound-driven conversations and replies.
- Conversations that begin with a cold outbound messages will still append the Sender ID and Opt-Out template if the contact is outside of the 30 day window to receive the template.
We have made performance improvements in the inbox:
- The “New Conversation” flow has been upgraded
- Fixed an issue where “No IDs to Show” would prevent you from interacting with a brand new conversation (primarily on mobile)
- Typing / auto-completing phone numbers and names should perform better on lower network connectivity
- Added an “old_owner” attribute to Owner Change events in the conversation feed, which references the previous owner of the conversation
- Fixed an issue where the Compact inbox would scroll horizontally because of a long tag
- Fixed the size of some inbox icons on smaller form-factors
- Fixed an issue where the Opt-Out template and Sender ID were appearing inside the helper text of embedded variables when using the chatbox
- Text shadow no longer the default option for the widget header and buttons
- Fixed an issue with the height of the widget in preview mode
- Cosmetic updates to border radius and form elements
Avochato for Android
- Fixed an issue that could crash the app upon opening